Created by: Australian Barramundi
Chef: Michelle Grand-Milkovic, love.fish
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 6-10 minutes
Michelle Grand-Milkovic’s barramundi tacos are guaranteed to be a hit with the whole family, kids included. This versatile family dinner can be adapted for many dietary preferences and requirements. Warning – these tacos are so delicious, you may want to make a double batch to satisfy everyone!
- 2x 250g Australian barramundi fillet, skin removed
- 4 cups red and white cabbage, shredded or finely sliced
- 2 corn on the cob
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely diced
- ½ tbsp coriander stem, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp parsley stalk, finely chopped
- 1 tbs spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 mild red chilli, finely chopped
- Samphire, chopped – if available
- 6 drops of chipotle tabasco
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime wedges
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Rub corn cobs with oil and grill until lightly charred. When cooled, cut kernels from cob and combine in large mixing bowl with cherry tomatoes, onion, coriander and parsley stems, spring onion, chilli, samphire, tabasco, oil, 1 tbsp lime juice, salt and pepper. Set salsa aside in fridge to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- To create crema, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, yoghurt and 2 tbsp lime juice and set aside.
- Add a little oil to a frypan and heat until smoking. Slice barramundi lengthways across the fillet into 1-inch pieces. Season and sear in the pan for 2 minutes on one side and 1 minute on the other. Remove to rest.
- Crisp the removed skin by adding a little more oil and holding it flat to the pan with a small weight. Cook until golden. This adds a lovely texture and crunch to the tacos.
- Heat oil in a frypan and cook tortillas for 1 minute on each side until golden.
- To build your tacos, place your cabbage slaw at the base of the tortilla. Add barramundi, then the crema and top with salsa. Garnish with fresh lime and coriander leaves.