Created by: Australian Barramundi
Chef: Anthony Huckstep
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Grab the family and get outside for a sunny evening meal. This BBQ barramundi burger is a quick and simple recipe that can be thrown together easily on a hot summer afternoon. For a special treat, swap out the wholemeal buns for some fluffy white bread!
- 4 skinless Australian barramundi fillets
- 3 jalapenos, finely chopped
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbs capers, rinsed, drained and finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 1 tbs mustard
- 2 baby cos hearts, halved
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ½ tbs lemon rind
- 1 extra lemon cut in half
- 4 soft wholemeal buns
- Salt and pepper to season
- Mix jalapenos, parsley, capers, mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl and leave in the fridge to chill.
- Bring barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle barramundi and cos hearts with olive oil, scatter with lemon rind and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill barramundi, turning once, until browned and cooked through, approx. 3-4 minutes each side, and rest briefly. Grill lettuce and lemon halves cut-side down until charred, approx. 1-2 minutes.
- Grill cut sides of buns before generously spreading bases with jalapeno tartare. Top with barramundi, a lettuce heart and season to taste. Add bun tops and serve with charred lemon.