Created by: Sydney Fish Market
Serves: 6 (entree)
This garlic marinade is great with all sorts of seafood, including fish fillets, prawns, octopus or squid, which can then just be barbecued or pan-fried without being skewered. The kebabs also make a delicious snack served as a wrap with flat bread, hummus and lettuce leaves.
- 1 x 200g piece Spanish Mackerel fillet, skin off, bones removed
- 1 x 200g piece Yellowtail Kingfish fillet, skin off, bones removed
- 1 x 200g piece Salmon fillet, skin off, bones removed
- 1 x 200g piece Bonito fillet, skin off, bones removed
- 12 thin green onions, cut into 4cm lengths
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut Mackerel, Kingfish, Salmon and Bonito each into 12 equal-sized cubes and place in a large shallow bowl.
- Make Garlic Marinade: whisk all ingredients together. Pour over fish and toss well to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Place a piece of green onion onto a bamboo skewer and push it down towards the end, then thread on one piece of each fish, then another piece of green onion. Repeat with remaining fish and green onion to make 12 skewers.
- Heat a barbecue or char-grill plate.
- Cook kebabs for about a minute on each of 4 sides, until opaque. Pile onto a platter and serve.
Alternative species: Albacore, Ling, Ocean Trout, Swordfish.