Created by: Sydney Seafood School at Sydney Fish Market
Serves: 4 (entree)
This Spanish-style dish, with a lovely smoky note from the smoked paprika, makes a great entrée, main course or tapas dish.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 50g chorizo, finely sliced (see notes)
- 300g boiled new potatoes, sliced
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 300g Cuttlefish, cleaned and finely sliced
- 3 canned tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add capsicum and cook for about 3 minutes, until starting to soften. Increase heat, add chorizo and fry until beginning to crisp.
- Stir in garlic, potatoes, salt, pepper and paprika and cook for a further minute. Add Cuttlefish, tomato and parsley and cook until the cuttlefish just turns opaque.
- Spoon into a bowl and serve with crusty bread.
- Chorizo is a Spanish sausage made with pork and paprika, available cured or raw, use either for this recipe.
- Alternative species: Baby Octopus (cut into quarters), Prawns, Squid, Calamari.