Created by: Great Australian Seafood
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
It may sound fancy, but this simple pasta dish is perfect for midweek entertaining.
- 250-300g cooked Australian Crab meat – we used Blue Swimmer, but Spanner Crabs would work well too
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 eschalots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 500g mixed cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 400g linguine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- basil leaves, to serve
Let’s get cracking. First up, heat the oil in large, deep sided frying pan over a high heat. Add the eschalots, garlic, cherry tomatoes and sea salt, then cook for 4-5 minutes or until tomatoes begin to burst. Add in the vinegar and chilli and reduce the heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced.
Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to packet directions. Drain and set aside ½ cup of pasta water.
Add the crab meat, lemon juice and pasta water to the sauce and simmer for 1-2 minutes.. Add in the pasta, toss gently to combine and season with salt and pepper. Finish with some fresh basil leaves, and enjoy!