Created by: Great Australian Seafood
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
This super tasty flatty with a simple salad is an easy as way to get more Aussie seafood into your weekly routine.
- 8 x 100g Australian Flathead fillets – we’ve used fillets with the skin-on, but skin-off works too
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- a knob of butter
- sea salt
Broad bean and fennel salad
- 500g frozen broad beans, cooked and lightly crushed
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- fresh lemon wedges to serve
- 1 ½ cups greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons chopped mint leaves
Kick things off by prepping the broad bean and fennel salad: add all the ingredients to a bowl, season, and toss to combine. Ta da, the salad’s done!
To make the zesty lemon yoghurt: combine the ingredients in a bowl and give it a stir.
Now for the main event – the fish! Pat the flatty fillets dry with absorbent paper, and heat a large non-stick pan over a medium-high heat. Toss in the olive oil and a knob of butter, wait for the butter to bubble, then add the fish, in batches, skin side down and cook for 4 minutes. Flip it and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Now it’s showtime. Place the flatty fillets on a plate, add some salad and a dollop of your lemon yoghurt. Done. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.