Created by: NSW Oysters
Prep time: 5 minutes
All dressings serve 1 dozen oysters.
1 dozen Sydney Rock Oysters
1 cup white sugar
750 mL Champagne or sparkling wine
1 lemon, juice only
2 mandarins, juice only
- In a small saucepan combine champagne, sugar, lemon and mandarin juice.
- Heat until all sugar has dissolved but do not bring to the boil.
- Pour into a wide base tray and place into freezer for approx. 4-5 hours.
- When the granita is frozen scratch the mix with a fork to fluff it up.
- Spoon onto oysters just as you serve.
- Garnish with the zest of a lime if desired.