Created by: Australian Barramundi
Chef: Daniel Backhouse, Et Al restaurant
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Daniel Backhouse’s pan-roasted barramundi is a quick and easy dish, perfect for the colder months. A gorgeous mushroom and bacon sauce will have mouths watering at the dinner table, but the real showstopper is the flaky barramundi with beautifully crisp skin.
- 4 Australian barramundi fillets
- Olive oil
- 4 rashers of bacon, diced
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups peas
- ½ cup stock
- 4 tbsp butter
- Salt to season
- Score the barramundi using a sharp knife, lightly salt and drizzle skin with a little olive oil.
- Coat the base of a pan with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Once heated, add the fish skin-side down. Cook for approximately 8-12 minutes until fillets are cooked about ¾ of the way. Flip fillets and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another frypan, fry bacon over low heat. Once the fat starts to render, add mushrooms and sauté. Add peas and stock.
- When stock boils, add butter and stir constantly until butter combines with stock to create sauce.
- To serve, pour mushroom and bacon sauce on plates and place barramundi on top.