Created by: Sydney Seafood School at Sydney Fish Market
Serves: 6 (entree)
You don’t even need to turn on the stove to make this quick and delicious salad, perfect for summer entertaining.
- 700g large cooked prawns, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- ½ long red chilli, halved, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 2 small cucumbers, halved, seeded and finely sliced
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1 cup watercress sprigs
- 2 tbsp roasted unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped lemongrass, white part only
- 2 golden shallots, finely sliced
- 3 small red chillies, seeded and roughly chopped
- Make the Asian Dressing: combine all ingredients and set aside.
- Add prawns to the dressing. Add the chilli, cucumber, mint, watercress and two-thirds of the peanuts. Gently toss to mix well.
- Arrange on serving plates or a large platter and sprinkle with the remaining peanuts.
- This recipe can be prepared a few hours in advance.
- Alternative species: Bugs, Marron, Redclaw, Rock Lobsters, Yabby.