Created by: Sydney Seafood School at Sydney Fish Market
Serves: 6 (entree)
If fresh mangos are out of season, frozen mango cheeks can be used. Prawns can be left whole for guests to peel themselves, which gives an impression of abundance, but can also be messy, so remember to place a bowl on the table for the discarded prawn tails or shells.
- 1 large ripe mango (see above)
- 1 lime, zest finely grated, juiced
- Salt flakes, to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and very finely chopped
- 24 cooked prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left intact
- Lime cheeks, for serving
- Place mango flesh in a food processor with lime zest and juice and salt and process until smooth. Add coriander and chilli and pulse briefly to distribute through the puree.
- Pour puree into a bowl and serve with prawns and lime cheeks.
Alternative species: Bugs, Marron, Redclaw, Rock Lobsters, Scampi, Yabby.