Created by: Love Australian Prawns
- 250 ml shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 kg green prawns, peeled, tails intact
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 150 g cornflour
- 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons togarashi, plus extra to serve
- Combine shaoxing wine and ginger in a bowl, add prawns and stand to marinate 30 minutes. Drain prawns and pat dry with absorbent paper. Preheat oil in a wok to 190ºC. Place cornflour, sea salt and togarashi in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Dust prawns with salt and pepper mixture, shake off excess and deep-fry in batches, stirring occasionally, until light golden and crisp 2-3 minutes. Drain on absorbent paper and serve with extra salt and pepper mix.