Created by: Tassal Tasmanian Salmon
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 150g Tassal hot smoked salmon, broken into small chunks
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- ½ onion finely diced
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cups cooked rice (rice needs to be cooked the day prior)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 green onions, finely sliced and extra for garnish
- Coriander sprigs or parsley for garnish
Combine rice wine, brown sugar and soy sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat ½ tablespoon peanut oil in a wok or skillet over medium heat and spread eggs in a thin layer. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Roll up and slice into thin strips.
Add the rest of the peanut oil to the wok/skillet. Sauté the onion for 1-2 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, red pepper cook for another 2 minutes.
Stir in the rice, green onions and peas and cook for 2 more minutes.
Mix through the soy, rice wine and brown sugar. Gently fold in the salmon and egg. Warm through.
Serve scattered with herbs and shredded green onions.