Created by: Tassal Tasmanian Salmon
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 portions (approx. 260g) Tassal salmon fillets, skin-off, cut into 3cm chunks
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 250g udon noodles
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- ½ medium brown onion, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tsp black sesame seeds
Combine sesame oil, soy sauce and ginger in a medium bowl. Add salmon and coat well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook the noodles for 1 minute until soft. Remove, rinse in cold water and drain.
Heat ½ of the peanut oil in a wok and cook salmon cubes for 4 minutes, 1 minute on each side. Set aside.
Add the rest of the peanut oil to the pan and cook onion, broccolini and capsicum. Toss in the edamame beans and cook for 2 more minutes.
Return the salmon to the pan with the noodles. Pour over the vinegar and mirin. Cook for 30 seconds.
Remove from pan and serve topped with sesame seeds, shredded green onions and extra soy sauce on the side.