Created by: Tassal Tasmanian Salmon
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
• 2 portions (approx. 260g) Tassal salmon fillets, skin-off
• 2 tsp Dijon mustard
• freshly ground black pepper and salt
• 1 lemon, zested
• ½ brown onion, finely chopped
• ¼ cup basil, finely chopped
• 1 cup spinach, chopped
• A few sprigs of dill
• ¼ cup feta, crumbled
• ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
• ¼ cup fresh breadcrumbs
• 2 sheets of puff pastry
• 1 egg, beaten
• For a quick sauce combine 2 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1-2 tsp of Dijon mustard and ¼ cup heavy cream and warm through.
Preheat the oven to 220°C (fan forced).
Line a baking dish with baking paper.
Season the salmon fillets all over with mustard, pepper and salt.
In a small skillet sauté the onion until translucent. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Add the breadcrumbs, feta, parmesan and herbs and season to taste. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Lay the pastry flat on a board. Place one piece on salmon in the middle
Top with spinach mix. Brush the edges with egg and fold over to form a parcel, trim ends and turn over. Score the top in a criss-cross pattern and brush with egg. Repeat with second portion
Place on the oven tray and bake for 20-25 minutes. To test if it is ready insert a skewer into the middle – a warm skewer indicates medium and hot is well done.
Serve with simple lemon Dijon* sauce, steamed greens or a crisp mixed green salad.